2022 Gig-Economy Scholarship
HapiGig is an app-based platform that allows warehouse workers to pick up extra shifts when they want to and when warehouse managers need them. This type of job is called a gig, and its popularity is growing. For instance, famous brands like Uber and Taskrabbit also follow this platform.
This scholarship is open to students returning to school who have a gap in their academic careers across the nation. Many of our HapiWorkers work full or part-time gig jobs and take online classes, or have to take a break from school altogether. Continued education is essential for everyone, no matter the industry or field. We are proud to support the gig economy and our #HapiWorkers on their career path. We want to continue this effort by offering a scholarship to workers and students looking to expand their horizons and improve their lives through education!
For this scholarship, we are asking students to reflect on gig-based apps that they’ve used and how apps such as these are changing the economy. How do apps like this change the way we do business? How was your experience with the app and the service you received or provided?
This is a $1,000 scholarship opportunity.
- The scholarship is open to any current high school senior, college student, or graduate student who is a legal resident of the United States residing in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia
- Students must be enrolled in a secondary institution, can be full or part-time
- Students must be returning from or have taken a gap semester(s) or year(s) in their educational career because of external circumstances
- Candidates for this scholarship should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher and good overall academic standing.
- The candidate must submit a 700 – 1,000 word essay response to the prompt: What type of gig-based apps or services have you used, and how is its role in society and economy changing?
- The candidate must submit a professional resumé that lists their experience, both professional and academic.
- The candidate must submit a transcript from their current school. First-year college students, graduate students, or individuals who have recently transferred schools may submit an unofficial transcript from their current school, as well as the most recent official transcript from their previous school. High school students must also submit proof of acceptance to their college or university.
Two students will be selected. The first is open to students who either are a HapiWorker themselves or are related to a HapiWorker. The second is open to any student that meets the above eligibility criteria.
We will choose the recipients of the Gig-Economy Scholarship during the month following the scholarship deadline and announce the winner on our website.
Any questions pertaining to the scholarship should be sent to email@example.com.
Application Deadline and Instructions:
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must email their complete application (including the essay, resumé, and transcript) to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 1, 2022. Any applications sent after this date will not be considered.
Students should send scholarship applications with the subject line “HapiGig – 2022 Gig-Economy Scholarship Application.”